1. Collection, processing and use of personal information You can visit our site without providing personal information. We will only store non-personal access information, such as the name of your Internet service provider, the page from which you are visiting, or the name of the requested file. This information is only analysed for the purpose of improving our offering and cannot be traced back to you. We will also store your IP address for the purpose of carrying out a customer order. Once the order process is cancelled or the ordered product is delivered and paid, the IP address saved for this purpose will be deleted immediately. Personal information is only collected if you voluntarily provide this information as part of your order, when opening a new account or registering for our newsletter. We will use the information you supply without separate consent only to complete and process your order. When you register for the newsletter, with your consent your name and e-mail address will be used for our own advertising purposes until you unsubscribe from the newsletter, which can be done at any time. We reserve the right to store Customer print data electronically for one year. After that, we will move such data from electronic storage to tape storage; the print data will then be stored on such tape storage for 5 further years. The print data does not contain customer data or other personal data except for an order number (which is included in the name of the print file). On the basis that it is possible to identify the customer from the order number and therefore we treat the storage of such print data in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. We store this print data for HMRC record keeping purposes, in particular in order to be able to demonstrate to the HMRC that we have correctly identified the applicable VAT rate to the service provided.
2. Forwarding personal information Your information will be passed on to the shipping company commissioned with the delivery of your product, to the extent required for the shipment of the products; also, your payment information will be forwarded to the bank commissioned with the payment with respect to payment settlement. Information will not be forwarded to any other third parties. The processing of partner offers which are found on our web pages will be done directly by these partners.
4. Use of website statistic services
a. Use of Econda To ensure the tailored design and optimum performance of this website, solutions and technologies by Branded tape.co.uk not only collect and store anonymized data, but also utilize this data to compile usage profiles by means of pseudonyms. Cookies can be used for this purpose which make it possible for an Internet browser to be recognized. Without the express consent of a visitor, however, usage profiles will not be stored together with data pertaining to the pseudonymous visitor. IP addresses, in particular, are rendered indecipherable immediately after receipt, which makes it impossible to match a usage profile with an IP address.
b. Use of Google Analytics This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", text files which are stored on your computer, and which allow your use of the website to be analysed. Information created by the cookie regarding your use of the website (including parts of your IP address) is forwarded to and stored on a Google server in the US. Google will use this information to analyse your use of the website, to prepare reports regarding website activities for website operators and to provide additional services related to website and Internet use. Where applicable, Google will also forward this information to third parties, insofar as this is statutorily prescribed or the third parties are processing this data at Google's request. Respecting the Data Protection, we apply a procedure which excludes the website visitor’s identification. You can prevent the installation of cookies by changing the settings in your browser software; however, we advise that if you do so you may not be able to fully utilise all functions of this website. By using this website you agree to Google processing the data collected from you as described above for the aforementioned purposes.
5. Use of Facebook Social Plugins This Internet page uses what are referred to as Social Plugins ("Plugins") of the social network Facebook, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA ("Facebook"). The Plugins are identified by a Facebook logo or the addition "Social Plug-in from Facebook" or "Facebook Social Plugin". An overview of the Facebook Plugins and what they look like can be found at: http://developers.facebook.com/plugins When you call up a page of our website which contains a plugin such as this, your browser will create a direct link with the Facebook servers. The contents of the plugin will be passed from Facebook directly to your browser, and incorporated by this into the web page. As a result of incorporation of the plugin, Facebook is informed that your browser has called up the relevant page from our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account, or do not happen to be logged on to Facebook at the time. This information (including your IP address) will be passed from your browser directly to a Facebook server in the USA and saved and stored there. If you are logged on to Facebook, Facebook can allocate the visit to our web page directly to your Facebook account. When you interact with the plugins, for example by activating the “I like” button or providing a comment, the corresponding information will likewise be passed directly to a Facebook server and saved and stored there. The information will also be published on Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends. Facebook can use this information for the purposes of advertising, market research, and requirement-oriented design of Facebook pages. For this purpose, Facebook produces utilization, interest, and reference profiles, in order, for example, to assess your use of our website with regard to the publicity displays which are blended in when you are on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users of your activities on our website, and to provide further services associated with the use of Facebook. If you do not want Facebook to assign the data gathered via our website to your Facebook account, you will have to log off Facebook before visiting our site. To find out about the purpose and scope of the data acquisition and the further processing and use of the data by Facebook, as well as about your rights and customisation options in this respect, in order to protect your privacy, please refer to the Facebook data protection instructions: www.facebook.com/policy.php
6. Data Security We secure our website and other systems against loss, destruction, access, modification or distribution by unauthorised persons through technical and organisational measures. A customer account may only be accessed by entering the personal password of the customer. You should always keep your access information confidential, and close the browser window once communication with us has ended, especially if you are using a shared computer. On some pages we will set up a “web bug” on your computer. This allows us to recognise your computer if it is used to access the site, or use it to find out how advertising activities are received by users. This information is anonymous and not linked to personal information on the computer of the user, or with a database. In order to deactivate web bugs on our pages, you can use tools such as webwasher or bugnosys. In the absence of your express consent, we will not use web bugs to undertake the following activities unnoticed:
collection personal information about you
forwarding of such information to third party providers and marketing platforms
7. Changes to your details We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, please contact us. you also have the right to receive information free of charge about the data stored about your person, as well as a right to correction, blocking and deletion of this information if necessary.
8. Withdrawal of consent You have provided the following consent, possibly as part of the ordering process. We would like to advise that you may withdraw your consent at any time, with immediate effect.
9. Opening a customer account I hereby agree that inventory data (name, address, e-mail, telephone number and bank details) as well as usage data (user name and password) will be stored in a customer database when a new customer account is opened. This will enable me to log in using my user name and password and make future purchases without having to re-enter my information. I may withdraw this consent at any time with immediate effect.
10. Consent for e-mail advertising You may consent to receiving interesting offers by regular e-mail. Your e-mail address will not be forwarded to other companies. If you decide to discontinue receiving these services in the future, you can withdraw your consent at any time. To do this, please click "Unsubscribe" at the end of the newsletter, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Unsubscribe from newsletter" in the subject line.
11. Shortened Links in Social Media This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo). Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.